Update - After conversations with Esafe we believe we may have identified the issue, changes have been made to the deployment and we will continue to monitor the situation.
IT Services are currently investigating an issue affecting Internet access from all college locations. We believe this is tied in to a recently published update to Esafe (our safeguarding monitoring software). This problem appears to be manifesting itself in a couple of ways, either with a total loss of internet or browsers (Google Chrome or Internet Explorer) are spontaneously closing during use.
We are currently working on a solution to solve the issue globally. However there are a few steps you can take on your PC which will hopefully restore internet access in the meantime…
• Click on the Windows Start button and select the Settings cog that’s located directly above.
• Within the Windows Settings page open Update & Security
• You can now select Check for updates within the grey box
• Please allow a few minuets for your update list to populate and then gradually clear
• Once this has been completed please restart your PC
For ongoing issues please contact the IT Helpdesk on extension 5555. Further updates will be posted on the IT Status page - http://status.nottinghamcollege.ac.uk/
We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.